Table of Contents Hide
Are you tired of using chemical-laden yoga mat cleaners that are harmful to both you and the environment? Are you looking for a more natural and effective way to keep your yoga mat clean and smelling fresh? Look no further than homemade yoga mat cleaner with essential oils.
In this article, we will show you how to make your own homemade yoga mat cleaner using essential oils, why it’s important to use all-natural cleaners, and the benefits of using essential oils. So, roll out your mat and let’s get started.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Why Use Homemade Yoga Mat Cleaner with Essential Oils?
Using a homemade yoga mat cleaner with essential oils is a great way to keep your mat clean and smelling fresh without using harmful chemicals. Many commercial yoga mat cleaners contain harsh chemicals that can be harmful to both you and the environment.
Chemicals like triclosan and phthalates found in commercial cleaners can cause skin irritation, respiratory problems, and hormone disruptions. Furthermore, these chemicals can be detrimental to the environment as they can pollute waterways and harm aquatic life.
By using a homemade yoga mat cleaner with essential oils, you can avoid these harmful chemicals and create a safe and healthy environment for both yourself and the planet.
The Benefits of Using Essential Oils
Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts that have been used for centuries for their therapeutic properties. These oils are highly potent and can be used in a variety of ways, including aromatherapy, topical application, and cleaning.
When used in cleaning products, essential oils have natural antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiviral properties that can effectively kill germs and bacteria. They also have a fresh and natural scent that can leave your yoga mat smelling clean and invigorating.
Some of the most commonly used essential oils for cleaning include tea tree oil, lemon oil, lavender oil, and peppermint oil. These oils are not only effective in cleaning but also have a wide range of other benefits for the mind and body.
How to Make Homemade Yoga Mat Cleaner with Essential Oils
Now that you know the benefits of using homemade yoga mat cleaner with essential oils, let’s dive into how to make it.
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of witch hazel
- 10-20 drops of essential oil (tea tree oil, lemon oil, lavender oil, or peppermint oil)
- Spray bottle
- Pour the water and witch hazel into a spray bottle.
- Add 10-20 drops of your chosen essential oil to the spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle well to combine all the ingredients.
- Spray the mixture onto your yoga mat and wipe it down with a clean towel.
- Allow the mat to air dry completely before rolling it up.
Using your homemade yoga mat cleaner with essential oils is that simple. You can customize the essential oils based on your personal preference, but we recommend using tea tree oil for its powerful antimicrobial properties.
Other Ways to Keep Your Yoga Mat Clean and Fresh
In addition to using a homemade yoga mat cleaner with essential oils, there are other ways to keep your yoga mat clean and fresh.
- Wash your hands before practicing yoga to prevent dirt and oil buildup on your mat.
- Use a clean towel on top of your mat during hot yoga sessions to prevent sweat buildup.
- Allow your mat to air dry completely before rolling it up to prevent moisture buildup.
- Deep clean your mat with a mixture of baking soda and water every few months.
You May Also Like:
- How to Make Your Own Yoga Mat: Unrolling the Profound Path to Self-Sufficiency with our Top 4 Unbeatable Steps
- The Ultimate Yoga Mat Cleaner Recipe: Tea Tree Magic
- Your No. 1 Yoga Mat Wash Recipe Guide: Revolutionize Your Yoga Routine with These 3 Essential Recipes
- Witch Hazel vs Vinegar for Yoga Mat: Which One Triumphs in the Battle of Cleanliness?
- The Best Cleaner for Yoga Mats: Top 5 Power-Packed Yoga Mat Cleaners
Making your homemade yoga mat cleaner with essential oils is a simple and effective way to keep your mat clean, fresh, and germ-free. It’s also a great way to incorporate aromatherapy into your yoga practice and enhance your overall well-being. So, why not give it a try and see how it works for you? You’ll love the natural and refreshing scent and the peace of mind that comes with using a non-toxic cleaning solution. Namaste!